Linklint is an Open Source Perl program that checks links on web sites. It is licensed under the Gnu General Public License. To paraphrase Richard Stallman:Use it, copy it, modify it, and distribute modified versions but don't add more restrictions.
- both local-file and HTTP site checking
- cross referenced and fully hyperlinked output reports
- the ability to check password protected areas
- support for all standard server-side image maps
- reports of orphan files, and files with mismatching case
- a report of which URLs have changed since last checked
- support of proxy servers for remote URL checking
- see the documentation for a complete list.
What's new in Versions 2.3 and 2.4 (beta)
See the What's New page for details.
- We are now hosted by mu.org
- Linklint is free again
- Proxy support for site checking
- Output files are more configurable
- Input from STDIN
- Uses query strings in HTTP site check
- Beta SSL support now available
|© Copyright 1997 - 2001 James B. Bowlin|